Dwayne Johnson to Join G.I. Joe 2?



Can you smell what the Rock is cooking (as Roadblock in G.I. Joe 2)?

Variety reports that wrestler-turned-actor Dwayne Johnson, fresh from the success of Fast Five, is in talks to join the sequel to G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, titled G.I. Joe: Cobra Strikes. Johnson would play Roadblock, one of the biggest and strongest members of G.I. Joe, and also an aspiring chef, something Johnson also aspired to be as a wrestler, at least in terms of his catchphrase.

In the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero cartoon series, Roadblock spoke in rhymes and was the cousin of Heavy Duty, played by Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje in The Rise of Cobra. Akinnuoye-Agbaje has appeared in Faster and The Mummy Returns with Johnson but, so far, only a few characters will return for the sequel, including Channing Tatum (Duke), Lee Byung-hun (Storm Shadow), and Ray Park (Snake Eyes). Therefore, it's doubtful the two actors will work together again in G.I. Joe 2.

Written by Zombieland screenwriters Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick and directed by Jon Chu (Justin Bieber: Never Say Never), G.I. Joe 2 will be released in theaters August 10, 2012 in 3-D.