Storm Shadow Returning for G.I. Joe 2


To no one's surprise, Storm Shadow will be back for G.I. Joe 2. THR reports that Korean star Lee Byung-hun will reprise his role in the upcoming sequel. Besides the Storm Shadow/Snake Eyes rivalry being a huge part of the G.I. Joe comic book and subsequent movie adaptation, a Korean news source announced Byung-hun's return over a year ago.

In G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes (Ray Park) grew up together and became enemies when their Master was killed. In the comic book, the two eventually team up to revenge the real killer of their master, but the movie ended with Storm Shadow falling to his supposed death. Clearly, the icy water saved Storm Shadow from perishing.

G.I. Joe 2 was written by Zombieland screenwriters Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick. It was recently reported that Rise of Cobra director Stephen Sommers would not return for G.I. Joe 2, but no replacement was announced. The report claims that shooting on the sequel will begin in June.